Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mack Daddy

So here is another story about the day we brought our Nubian goats home.

So anyone who knows us knows that Kevin and I can't have a crazy idea without our two best friends to come along and watch.  Good thing they came too, they actually proved to be quite helpful.  Our friend Glen is a native of the North Bay, so when we needed to get around Penngrove, CA, Glen was able to get us there and avoid traffic.  Sweet!  His wife, Megan, was an animal science major at UC Davis (one of the best vet schools in the country) and she grew up around horses.  So she was able to give us helpful tips about livestock.

Once we got home and settled in the goats, our other friend Michelle came along with her dog Mack.  Thank goodness, because Harley was freaking out about the goats being around and Mack proved to be a good distraction.  We left the dogs in the backyard and walked down to the barn to hang out with the goats.  After about 15 minutes, I decided that the goats needed water so I headed up hill back to the house.

As I was walking up the hill, I could hear whining.  So I started to move faster and then I saw him.  Mack had fallen into the above-ground pool and couldn't get out.  This has been my worst nightmare since we moved in to Blue Antler.  We are only keeping that pool until we have our house-warming party in July. After that it is gone!  I panicked and tried to pull poor Mack out, but he was too big.  So while screaming at the gang to get up to the house and help, I kicked off my shoes and jumped right in, clothes and everything, and pushed him out.  After a quick shake off he went right back to playing with Harley.

Here is the picture after this whole event and you can see the pool and the two dogs playing again on the side.

After all that excitement it was time for pizza and beer.  So I called the local pizza joint and ordered, "The Mack Daddy."  Seemingly appropriate, huh?  It was a HUGE pizza, but the five of us had worked up an appetite and not a single crumb was left.

And now for your entertainment...... Jumping Bean Goats!




No comments:

Post a Comment