Monday, September 24, 2012

The Truth about Home Ownership

So I know everyone told us this, but this first year of home-ownership has been tough financially.  Kevin and I had gotten used to having that little nest egg to fall back on.  It gave us peace of mind, that if something should happen we were going to be okay.  
Well, that little nest egg basically became our house.  And every last dime we have gets put into the house.  I am not complaining, that is just my reality.  And to be honest I don't mind.  Because for that last few nights I get to close my days looking at this and it reminds me that it is all worth it!





2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful spot. You are so lucky.We too feel very blessed and broke since we bought our place:)
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julia! Every time I see your pictures of your home on GD I get a sense of nostalgia. Did I mention that I grew up in Northridge? We then moved to Westlake Village, so I was on the 118 a lot. You get the added beauty of those gorgeous red rocks. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete