Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Jewels of your House

A few years ago, when my parents were shopping for some exterior lighting fixtures, the sales women there referred to exterior lighting with this comment:
"The lighting is the jewelry to your house.  And the bigger you go, the better!"  

Did you guys know that?? I had no idea!  It was a very enlightening moment for me and I held on to that memory for about 10 years now.

Well!  If that is the case, what we have at Blue Antler is more like a candy necklace.....after you ate all the candy.  More like a soggy sticky piece of twine wrapped around your neck.
Pretty Isn't it?


So I am at Ace Hardware and I find a $20 dollar exterior light fixture:
I spent about 30 minutes talking with the sales guy at Ace hardware, going over in detail how to install this thing so I can reiterate everything to Kevin.  This was our first electrical project and I was kind of nervous.  I have seen Kevin with his hair standing on end and it was not a pretty site.  We don't want repeats of that accident. 

So white wire to white wire, black wire to black wire, grounding wire around screw...... Imagine me prancing around making sure that someone (maybe a ghost?) doesn't hit the switch.....


And now look at what we have, a Cubic Zirconia!


3 comments:

  1. Nice job! I like the light as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It certainly is a big improvement. Little by little we will make this house comfy chic!

      Delete
  2. I like that - lighting is the jewelry of your home. I'd never thought of it that way but it's fitting. Nice work team!

    ReplyDelete