Friday, August 17, 2012

It is WAR!

That's IT Mr. Gopher!  You are no longer welcomed here.  I tried to let you live here, but you have not followed the rules.  You have continued to dig holes in the front lawn and that is just not acceptable!  You had 1 acre to choose from and you insisted on living on 200 SF that is my front lawn.  Not cool!

Here is your eviction notice: carbon monoxide.





Side note:  This first attempt to gas him failed. 

You may have won this battle, Mr. Gopher, but we will win the war!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lilian,
    You know me from GD forum!
    I am wondering if Harley has made any affect on the gopher? I found out about this "system" on another website. I thought you'd have to really block up all the entrances with spray wall hole stuff...I am hoping Bella is scaring our ground squirrels away!
    Its so nice to find your blog.
    We are new homeowners on 1 acre too!
    And have been remodelling for ....well ongoing... the interior is done until we do the "real kitchen in 2 years!
    Best regards,
    Julia in Chatsworth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julia!
      Sounds like we are in the same boat. We are doing light remodeling until we can do a big reno in about 5-6 years.

      Harley has had no effect on the gophers. My little one Ellie, on the other hand is trying her best to dog them out. She must be confused and thinks she is a Westie. We now have two barn kitties, which I will write about later who hopefully will keep down our rodent population.
      Thanks for reading!
      Lilian

      Delete