Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Chores

I know people have told me this, but Kevin and I have a lot of chores!  I have never felt it more than this weekend, when Kevin sprained his ankle.  I was left to get it all done by myself!  

So here is a list of typical chores we do on a weekend:

  1. Wake Up.
  2. Let out the goats.
  3. Feed the dogs.
  4. Give dogs their medications.
  5. Feed the koi.
  6. Take the dogs out to potty.
  7. Clean up dog poop.
  8. Make breakfast
  9. Do the dishes.
  10. Change out goat's water.  This is easier said than done, since it requires a screwdriver to remove it from the wall.  And then you have to carry the heavy bucket to a place to dump it.  Refill.  Do this twice!
  11. Muck out the barn.  Also easier said than done. This requires pulling the green waste bin all the way down to the barn (we haven't set up the compost yet), scooping out the muck and then putting fresh bedding down.  Drag the bin all the way up the hill to where it belongs.
  12. Change the water in the fish tank.
  13. Clean filters in the koi pond and top off the water level.
  14. Water the plants and the lawn.
  15. Clean out the fly traps and the yellow jacket traps.
  16. Clean up the house.  There is a LOT involved in this, but I won't go into detail.
  17. Clean dog's drinking fountain.
  18. Shower.
  19. Eat.
  20. Do the dishes.
  21. Lock up the goats for the night.
  22. Feed the dogs.
  23. Take the dogs out to potty.
  24. Sleep.
Let me tell you I am sore today!  But there is so much satisfaction at the end of the day when I am sitting on my deck enjoying the twilight with a glass a wine.  What a good life we have!

1 comment: